Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Florida

The main reason we went to Florida last week was to celebrate with my grandparents, Norm & Iris. They were celebrating their 65th wedding anniversary. Isn't that awesome? We had a reception at the Bistro in their community, and pretty well most of the kids and grand kids were able to make it. My dad also arranged to have their nieces and nephews that they haven't seen in a number of years to come and surprise them. It was a fun day with family. Ashley had Sprinkles in Orlando make them a beach themed cake since they have practically lived on or near the beach their whole lives.
And here is the cute couple.....I just love my grandparents! If you have ever been around them, you know what fun loving, kind hearted people they are. Never a dull moment, that's for sure!! Especially when Grandma gets going on a story of how they met!

This is my second cousin, Jim, swinging the boys. Fortunately, he knew what he was in for when he started this. And you can guess who got tired first!
Morgan and Jack romping around in the grass behind my grandparents apartment. I think my boys were just so sun and grass deprived that they didn't want to come in all day.

Ahhhhhh.....73, I miss you! So, so, so, so much. Won't you come to Indiana soon!!!


1 comment:

Woodard Gang said...

Guess what??! Today, it was 78!!! Wish you all were here to enjoy it with us! Great pics and blog post :) We are so blessed to have them as our grandparents :)