Wednesday, September 8, 2010

My Prayer

Tonight, I couldn't help but think about the Hunter family and their enormous loss this week over their precious 5 year old daughter. I could not even comprehend the depth of emotion they must be feeling and the overwhelming grief over the loss of a child. I just can't. As I weep for them, I couldn't help but think of a father's love. Josh was able to capture it so well in his blog, but even more so, The Father's love. How much more he must weep when one of his children is lost. The Bible tells us He loves us so much that He sent His Son to die on the cross for us, for us, so that we can spend eternity with Him. It's a beautiful redemptive message, but one that so many people reject for some reason or other. And I can only picture God, The Father, weeping over the loss of even one person. My prayer tonight is for peace for the Hunter family and that maybe through the life and death of Ava, many will come to know Jesus.






2 comments:

Lee Ann said...

Well said, my dear, dear friend!!!
<3 <3

Woodard Gang said...

Well written Mandy....love you!