Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Here Lately...

Goofing off after dinner tonight
See my scarf, I made it myself! (she says)

It's got monkeys on it, a Rose family favorite



Getting ready to hit the slopes in Southern Indiana!



So my camera is on the fritz-not that you need a camera to blog but I love posting pictures of the kids! I think it is a stalling technique for me because if you have pictures you really don't have to write that much, and I really don't feel like I am that great of a writer. However, having said that, my camera did seem to recover from it's latest round of injury(it got dropped on the floor for the millionth time!) There was a picture on there from a few weeks ago of Katie and Brian heading out the door to Paoli Peak-a ski slope. It was Katie's first time to hit the snow but Brian said she did really well other than a few incidents with the fence. Every hour or so she would call me from the ski lift with a story or a "Mom, guess what.." She really had fun. Brian said the whole way home she was talking BIG about next time and how she will be able to go on her own and not have to hang out with dad! Oh my!


Since all of the snow has melted and somewhat blue skies and warmer temps have appeared, we find ourselves back outdoors. It's almost like having Christmas again because they really haven't seen their bikes, Rollerblades, scooters or hot wheels since January! We opened the garage door and they were all amazed-gotta love that.


Katie has started sewing with the local 4H club and seems to somewhat like it. I think she is typical in that she so desperately wanted to do this and now a few months into it I find it harder and harder to get her to practice. She did perk up today though because she got to make and take home her first real thing- a scarf. She walked out of there today all puffed up with pride over her new scarf, sashaying over to the van like a movie star! It was cute. She wore it the rest of the night and wanted to wear it to bed but we have this crazy rule about nothing around your neck at night-we're such crazy parents!

4 comments:

Woodard Gang said...

Lovin the scarf :) Great job Katie!!

Amy said...

Have you told Katie the story of your ski trip . . . the one that I will NEVER forget!? What a trip! I thought we were going to be on Oprah when we got back for surviving. I'll never forget sleeping in that freezing cold church, damp from the day of skiing and tying my souvenir t-shirt around my feet to stay warm.

mandy said...

I haven't told her yet but oh my, what an awful trip that was!!! I remember all of us huddled in the van next to a "foot warmer" package that really didn't seem to work! So many memories!

Sam and Harper said...

Oh yeah- that was a scary trip. Let' s not forget when we got home my toenails fell off. Well, one actually had to be YANKED out by the doctor...GROSS and painful.

They just aren't right since then. Every time I get a pedicure I feel the need to tell the story to the pedicurists so they don't wonder- ha ha.

GOOD TIMES!